Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Seasonal

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Kaki-fry bento (Fried Oysters)

In Japan, I have learnt that many things that we take for granted back home should not be taken for granted here. For example, I have bought an outdoor thermometer from the 100-yen store and installed it on the balcony so I can check it in the morning and that would determine how many layers of clothing I wear.

Also for food, that most foods are seasonal and plentiful only at certain times of the year. Right now it is oysters and oranges and whatsnot. Above is a sample of what I have for lunch , especially when I wake up late (I have no early morning lessons. Anyone who knows me well would know how much effort it takes for me to haul myself out of bed in the mornings and I really appreciate not having to cook before going to school), so bentos are a nice alternative, especially since the foods varies with the season.

4 Comments:

Blogger Flowing Water said...

yes, its yummy

11:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

おいしいそうだろうね。

ほんとうに、日本へ行きたい。

5:16 AM  
Blogger Wy said...

fried oysters seem yummy. ha ha halo!!

8:49 AM  
Blogger gageism said...

yea. i have my own lessons on things i took for granted.

but the best part is. there is knowledge that i'll be back home someday, somehow.
that warms my heart

you take lotsa care in Japan!

8:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home