Monday, December 12, 2005

Yuki

Well I think the entire western seaboard of Japan has been hit with a cold front and snow is falling even in Fukuoka. I remember that night after tempura with Sam and Saksama, when I first saw snow, how exhilarated I was. But today waking up to 4 degrees and trying to cook lunch (i made miso soup with fish and fried vegetables) in the (unheated) kitchen, was just Mendoukusai. So much so that I really did not want to leave my room, but I had no choice because I had to give English lessons to Sachiko.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Which reminds me of a conversation I had with Aaron Ah-lee last week

Aaron: Whats the temperature there like?
Me: Erm, 9 degrees?
Aaron: Wow! ThaTS cool!
Me: Cool is 18 degrees. 9 is just COLD.

I take it back. 9 degrees is NOT cold.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

so envious of u!!!! Japan is so beautiful or izit ur good camera skill? hahaha - Liqing

8:03 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

ahred!


i'm so sorry the comments and e-mails are so few, because what with not having a job and not having internet at home, it's almost impossible to keep in touch... but i FINALLY got myself a connection and so now we're wired again! yay :)

you look great in all the photos and i wish i could be there with you doing a lost-in-translation.

missing you, especially now that it's christmas...

take care my dear :)

8:45 AM  
Blogger Flowing Water said...

Trish! U have finally finally got your internet up! You know what, when I was here during the first week bombarded with Japanese that was fast and furious, I was thinking... this is like Lost in Translantion, just that u werent around... :P

12:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home