Friday, November 18, 2005

Autumn Leaves

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

These are just facets of Dazaifu Tenmengu, the whole thing is too big to fit into one single photo (it might be possible if I took it from the helicopter), so these are just selections of the shots that I like best.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Zen is a state of mind. Heh heh. Well, it was nice just sitting on the tatami mat silently watching the autumn leaves. Gives a nice sense of calm.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I love autumn, everything turns red and yellow and gold, and the weather is so cool. Yesterday was the first time I observed my breath coming out as smoke (if you get what I mean). Ah... nice :) I have been digging in my suitcase for gloves, scarves and ear muffs. Everyone has been asking me how have I been, living the dream or not. I say yes, I am happy here, I am not sentimental so I am not missing anything actually, just feeling out of touch with most of my friends back home since I am seldom online at night to chat with them. Its not the feeling of displacement that bothers me, its the fact that I might not be there for my friends who need me, or I do not have the chance to hang out with them and such. Give and Take. Thank you if you have been writing to me or sending me stuff, it reminds me that I have something waiting for me back home. :)

6 Comments:

Blogger ~ting~ said...

james! here i am to let you know that i'm still alive and reading your blog! hurhur your pics are fantabulous la.. you shld just quit school and be a photographer for nat geo. =) and we can all hang out again together in yr 4!

9:37 PM  
Blogger smazh said...

Hey James, just to let you know, the place in the photo isn't exactly Tenmangu itself but a Zen temple next to Tenmangu called 光明禅寺 (Koumyouzenji). Yah, and I think it's the only Zen rock garden of it's kind (by some Japanese definition) in Kyushu.

1:28 AM  
Blogger CK said...

The pictures are wonderful.

かみちょっと長いですね。

8:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha, Samuel! Ahh, yes yes thats what the rock garden's name is, the only thing i remembered was the word tenmangu. Yea lor, wait for you to take me wait too long liao, went with some of my Jap friends. heh. Its a great place, no wonder you go there every autumn.... we should go back during spring when the plum blossoms are blooming and have green tea and that... ume cake under the trees. How very japanesey. heh heh heh

James

10:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yo I spared some time, sat down in front of my lappie & took in all ur Jap experiences since Day 1 in under 1hr!

I muz say, fantastic job w the photos - they truly justify the hi-quality of ur digicam. I like ur autumn series of pics - mostly becoz the colors agree w me haha. Dun 4get to cover the Winter series soon & let us die of envy...

Where'd U get that brown jacket? Wanna buy smthg like tht for me bro when he heads to Perth to study too =P

10:55 PM  
Blogger Flowing Water said...

Yvonne: I got it at cold wear in Singapore last August, not sure if they still have that particular design

3:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home