Saturday, October 22, 2005

No Music No Life

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Music City Tenjin: Live rock, folk, jazz, and other music fill the streets, live houses, event halls and not so hidden nooks of Tenjin as musicians gather in Tenjin, Fukuoka for a 3 day fest of good, live music!! This was at the entrance of Solaria plaza, where a group of Brazilians played really great Latino-salsa sortof music that the Japs were swaying their booties to. You would never see it in Singapore! People back home are too restrained.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This one was some J-rock goth band at the basement of Mitsukoshi Department Store. For a moment I thought I have discovered the Fukuoka branch of the Harajuku fashion madness, but then when the music played I realised why. Angsty girl-rock that could only be appreciated by, well, angsty girls. Wonder if they are so angsty and male hating why are they wearing bride costumes. Anyway I took this from afar, and was secretly glad I had an 8x optical zoom camera because I didnt want to be seen as one of those Jap perverts who takes pictures of young Japanese girls. Kareen would love this pic I think.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

And for anyone who cares, Dick Lee is in Fukuoka as well, and I think this was the first time in recent memory that i have seen him sing. Not sure if its because of the Music City thingy, but was reading Straits Times Interactive and found out that he won some Cultural Award or something. Hmmm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home