Monday, May 01, 2006

暑い志賀島

Shikanoshima Beach BBQ

Day 2 of the freak heatwave that sent temperatures hitting above 27 Degrees! = berms and short-sleeved T-shirts + BBQ + DAY AT THE BEACH! 45 Minutes drive from Fukuoka is Shikanoshima, linked by a narrow spit of land jutting into the Genkainada sea

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

It does look as if I am placing my foot on Rosie's head doesn't it? hurhur

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Also means BBQ + Slacking at beach + Beach Soccer + Swimming in cold water (not me) + exploring the coastline. Fukuoka has so many nice beaches closeby I'm seriously reconsidering going to Okinawa...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

:)
After BBQ, we drove up to the observatory, and whoa, we could see the WHOLE of Fukuoka from there, no kidding! From Kashiihama in the east, to Uminonakamichi, to Fukuoka Tower and Marinoa City in the west. I'm sure I would be able to see Eto campus if I could recognize it.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Whoaaaa

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey james.. havent read ur blog for quite a while. nice to see so many great photos! :) I may be going to Okinawa.. Need a break.. heh.. but the beach near ur place looks really nice i guess I wouldnt pay to go all the way to okinawa too if I were u. have fun!

6:26 PM  
Blogger Jason said...

We had a great time that day, eh? Let's do it again soon.

6:43 PM  
Blogger Flowing Water said...

Cheryl: Yea, sunny beach day = happiness

Jason: Yea! It was fantastic! Definitely yea! :D

6:18 AM  
Anonymous Javier Eduardo said...

I loved your site and bookmarked it. I'm copying pictures of yours as examples of someone with good taste for nature and nice places. My regards. Javier

2:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home